Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cookie on Bunnies





My friend Peter Cooke was right. Bunnies really are the best people. No bunny I know has ever hurt my feelings.

Beatrix Potter would have agreed with Cookie on this. She is pictured above with Peter Rabbit I presume... I hope this was a one off set up for the photo as I am not sure that the bunny looks so happy there with the rope leash.

I love her drawings of the little squirrels paddling across the lake. This is a page from a series of picture letters that Beatrix wrote and I like this story...

...
Little squirrels came down to the edge of the lake and paddled across over the water to owl Island to gather nuts. Each squirrel had a little sack with him, and a large oar, and spread out his tail for a sail. They also carried with them an offering of 3 fat mice for Old Brown, which they placed upon a stone opposite his door. Then Twinkleberry and the other squirrels each made a low bow, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment