Friday, January 22, 2010

Hmmm... Chaimite Tea








Chaimite is the name of a village in Mozambique and the word that crowns the awning of this small, but average for its type, coffee, tea and lollie shop. The smell of roasted coffee and sweets is delicious. Dozens of small tea packages, liquors and bags of biscuits are ordered with some thought and logic in the shelves that surround the 2 facing counters. I scan the shelves until I find what I am looking for. I love the custom printed wood grained wrapping paper that will later serve to remind me where things have come from. At home I unwrap the package to find my favourite Portuguese black tea, Gorreana, from the island of São Miguel, Açores, ready to start the morning. If you are in Lisboa visit Pérola do Chaimite, before you have to see it recreated as a museum piece.

Pérola de Chaimite,
Avenida Duque DÁvila, 38 A, Lisboa,
Tel: 213140361

No comments:

Post a Comment